Musicians, Cubicles and the Task Trap
There’s a huge difference between the task based work of a job and the work of building a career.
Which of these two kinds of people are you?
People Who Do Tasks
- They show up on time.
- They sit in their cubicles and do what they’re told.
- They get paid, go home and expect to succeed.
People Who Build Careers
These people also:
- Spend time learning about themselves and how to work well with others.
- Bring “a little bit more” to help those around them succeed.
- Build relationships that lead to more and better opportunities and experiences.
These are people who have a plan for their life and know it’s their responsibility to make it happen.
Musicians and the Trap of Cubicles and Tasks
So what about you? Are you a musician who:
- Shows up on time.
- Sits behind your instruments and does what you’re told.
- Gets paid, goes home and expects to succeed?
Or are you also working on building a career?
If you’re working on your career, this could help: