Sitting In My Office I was Stunned and Amazed.
It was the Fall of 2003 and I was thinking about the past two years: I had left music, gotten a “real job” and I had just been promoted a fourth time!
Then I realized three things:
- I had been promoted again because of what the company had taught me about success.
- The things I had learned uncovered the reasons I had failed in music.
- If I had been taught the same things as a musician, I would’ve succeeded in music.
Just like you.
I’m Steve Grossman.
I’m a Grammy (India Arie) and Academy of Country Music (Gibson/Miller Band) Award winning drummer turned corporate executive turned author, speaker and teacher.
- I was Born in New York, began playing drums at age 2 and grew up wanting to be a professional musician more than anything else in the world. And for over 20 years, I was!
- I played live and in the studio, toured most of the United States and some of the world.
- I had a great run successes but I ultimately failed to build a long-term, solid and secure career in music.
So I got a job with a big corporation where I was taught the skills and principles of success.
So I Wrote a Book
Following the realization I described above, I realized I was not alone. I realized that every musician would be more successful if they were taught what I had been taught. So I wrote, Why I FAILED in the Music Business and How NOT to Follow in My Footsteps to share my experiences with people like you:
Passionately creative players, singers, songwriters, and aspiring artists who want to know how to build long-term, successful careers in music.
More specifically, this book is for musicians who are:
- Just getting started and don’t know where to begin.
- Ready to give in, give up and…GET A REAL JOB!
- Anywhere in between.
In addition to the book, I invite you to check out my blog and other related services and resources over at my Your Success in Music site. Just like in the book, my goal in everything I do is to give you what you need to know to build a long-term, solid and secure music career.
If you’d like to learn more, connect with me here, through the comments or anywhere we both live online.
Media inquiries? Here’s my complete Media Kit.